City of Waller Administration
Waller is a General Law Type “A” city and has five Council Members and one Mayor. Terms are for two years. On alternate years a Mayor and two Council Members are elected and the next year three Council Members are elected. Click here to view an archive of meeting minutes and agendas.
Mayor and City Council
Danny L. Marburger and his wife Patsy have been residents of the City of Waller for 43 years. Both are energetic in their involvement in the Waller community and activities of their three children and six grandchildren.
Danny has actively served as Mayor of Waller for 33 years, as the city population has expanded from approximately 900 to over 2,100, and the municipal workforce has diversified from six to more than 30 employees. He’s managed capital project infrastructure improvements in excess of $6 Million, and continues to establish and update municipal policies and procedures to insure the orderly development and sound economic structure of this growing city.
Danny graduated from Sam Houston State University in 1965 with a BS degree in Agriculture Business. Since 1980, he’s worked with American Plant Food Corp. and W.R. Grace Fertilizer, managing fertilizer sales and collections in a 20 county area.
Danny has served, or is currently serving on the following boards, committees, and organizations:
- Tomball Regional Hospital BOD and Inc. Board
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo: BOD; Waller County Committeeman and Ambassador; Vice-Chairman District 7; Chairman, District 7; Area Go-Texan Committee
- Waller Area Chamber of Commerce
- Houston-Galveston Area Council
- Economic Development Foundation for the City of Waller: President
- Wells Fargo Bank: Advisory Board
- Waller Lions Club: President; Vice-President
- Waller County Fair Assn.: Stockholder; Vice-President
- Waller County Historical Museum: BOA
- Texas High School Rodeo Assn.: State Vice-President; State Director, Region 7
As a dynamic volunteer in regional concerns, Danny has received much formal recognition, including:
- Appreciation Award for Outstanding Cooperation with Harris Co. Precinct 3
- Outstanding Citizen Award from the Waller Chamber of Commerce
- FFA Chapter Award for Encouragement, Cooperation, and Assistance
- Honorary Lone Star Farmer Degree by the Texas Assn. of FFA
- Humanitarian Award, Order of Sons of Hermann, State of Texas (2003)
- Community Builder Award, Masonic Grand Lodge of Texas (2005)
Bio coming soon.
Roger Frey is a lifelong City of Waller resident. After graduating from Waller High School in 1978, he then went on to Texas A&M and graduated in 1980 with a degree in Electronic Science.
- Worked for IBM in Houston for 23 years
- Currently working for Waller County Land Company as a real estate agent.
- Was a volunteer with the Waller Fire department for 21 years. 4 years of that, I also was an ECA on the ambulance
- Lifelong member of St. Johns Lutheran Church
Dwayne Hajek is a lifelong resident of the Waller area. He has served as a city councilman from 2004-2006, at which point he was then elected as the Mayor of Waller where he served 2 years. Dwayne is a State Certified Firefighter and has been with the Waller Volunteer Fire Department for 27 years and is currently the Assistant Chief and Vice president. He has been employed with Baker Hughes for 28 years, 14 of those years have been spent in management. Dwayne is a life-long member of St. Katherine Drexel Catholic Church, where he currently serves as Eucharistic minister and is on the welcoming committee. He has 3 loving children, and 3 adorable grandchildren. Dwayne is and always has been involved in the community. This has been his home his entire life and he takes full pride in its future and in the futures of the people of Waller.
Bio will be updated soon.
Nancy Arnold has lived in Waller all of her life, with the exception of eleven years when work took her to Austin and then Houston. She returned to Waller in 1997, never more to leave! Waller has always been “home” to Nancy, and she wants to help make it a great place for others to call “home,” too. She has a son who lives in Waller, a daughter in Jersey Village, and two grandchildren.
She is the Director of Center Development for ICED, Inc., an international company holding seven franchise brands represented in 12 countries. Her responsibilities include new center sales (including site selection, build-out, and training); resales; contract renewals; contract negotiations; marketing initiatives, and operations assistance to franchisees. She was on the senior finance staff for several years as Credit Manager. Nancy is the editor of the company magazine and electronic newsletters.
Highlights of Nancy’s career:
- Served on the Waller City Council for seven years
- Appointed by Council as Small Cities representative to the Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC)
- Serves on Board of Directors for H-GAC representing General Law Cities
- Writes a folksy newspaper column, Waller Wonders, for the Waller Times; have written this column for various newspapers since 1978
- Served on board of Houston Area Quick Printers (HAQPA) as vice president (one term) and then president (three terms)
- Named HAQPA Member of the Year in 1991
- Served on board of Printing Industries of the Gulf Coast (PIGC), affiliate of Printing Industries of America (PIA)
- Owned a print franchise, first in Austin, another one later in Houston
- Owned several businesses in Waller in the 1970s
- One of the first members of the Waller Chamber of Commerce
- Was an early member of the Waller Young Women’s Club, now the Women’s Club of Waller
- Author of the book I Feel Like Me Again, now out of print, about the challenges faced by women with health issues
The City Secretary's Office is dedicated to communicating and providing services to all customers-citizens, Council, staff and visitors - with professionalism and efficiency, and to provide the administrative and clerical support to the Mayor and City Council. The office also: Maintains custody, filing and storage of all minutes, ordinances, resolutions and other written and recorded documents pertaining to the operation of the city - Serves as the city’s records management officer - Provides administrative assistance to the Mayor and members of Council; processes requests for the Mayor's appearances, proclamations, certificates of appreciation, letters of greetings, etc. - Directs the departments of Finance, Utility Services Billing, Municipal Court and Library - and serves as the Elections Coordinator for all city elections.
Waller City Hall:
1118 Farr St.
Waller, TX 77484
Please feel free to contact us should you need assistance with floodplain information, utility billing questions, vehicle licenses, heavy trash pick-up, property tax issues, or any other City service.
City staff members will work hard to meet, or exceed, your expectations. For a pleasant “Welcome to our City," please call us, drop by City Hall!
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm
Phone: 936-372-3880 or 936-931-1042